[Bioperl-pipeline] Re: please ignore last e-mail & problem with Xml2Db.pl

Shawn Hoon shawnh at fugu-sg.org
Wed Mar 12 09:10:20 EST 2003

Hi Andy,
	I haven't used the genomic_sequence_annotation.xml for a while but am
getting back to it
having a 'few' sequences to annotate now =) I believe some others like
Bala are working on this xml
more and probably have more comments.

But as for XML2Db.pl, during the hackathon I merged the
PipelineManager.pl and XML2Db.pl script into a single script:

PipelineManager

using it is as follows

Usage: PipelineManager -dbname test_pipe -xml
template/blast_file_pipeline.xml -local

Default values are read from PipeConf.pm

      -dbhost    The database host name (localhost)
      -dbname    The pipeline database name (annotate_pipeline)
      -dbuser    User for connecting to db (root)
      -dbpass    The password to mysql database()
      -dbdriver  Database driver (mysql)
      -schema    The Biopipe database schema (../sql/schema)
      -xml       The xml pipeline template file. It will run XMLImporter
if provided
      -xf        Force drop of any existing Biopipe database with the
same name
      -flush     flush all locks on pipeline and remove any that exists.
                 Should only be used for debugging or development.
      -batchsize The number ofjobs to be batched to one node
      -local     Whether to run jobs in local mode
                 (on the node where this script is run)
      -jobnbr    Number of jobs to run (for testing)
      -queue     Specify the queue on which to submit jobs
      -retry     Number of times to retry failed jobs
      -notest    Don't run pre-pipeline checks
      -norun     Use when you just want to load the XML without running
      -verbose   Whether to show warning during test and setup
      -help      Display this help

With this script one can
1) Load XML
2) Run Pipeline
3) Load XML & Run Pipeline

For 1)
	perl PipelineManager -dbname pipeline_db -xml
xml/templates/blast_file_pipeline -norun

For 2)
	perl PipelineManager -dbname pipeline_db

For 3)
	perl PipelineManager -dbname pipeline_db -xml
xml/templates/blast_file_pipeline

Do people have any problems with having just one script? It has been
working so far with the tests.
If not I will remove the deprecated scripts.

cheers,

shawn