[Bioperl-pipeline] input creates/update action

jeremyp at sgx3.bmb.uga.edu jeremyp at sgx3.bmb.uga.edu
Tue Jun 3 01:14:11 EDT 2003

Hello,

I'm trying to write an input create or input creates to replace the update
action. Unfortunately, I'm having trouble writing a working example. I
wrote an xml file similar to the cdna2_genome configuration file. The
problem is that the pipeline script loads the second data monger/input
create into the job table before the pipeline runs at all. So, that job
(the second data monger/input create job) runs before the analysis that
should precede it (that is, the data monger analysis is analysis id 3,
there is another normal analysis with analysis id 2). Exactly mimicking
the update action would in fact require that analysis (id 3) to generate
the input the data monger/input create job would use. Where am I going
wrong?

Thanks,
Jeremy