[Bioperl-pipeline] DataMonger

kiran kiran@fugu-sg.org
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 12:26:13 -0700

> it's ok... won't it lead to the problems we identified in the first place
> with that particular design?
i am just thinking aloud..
the SQL is usually overloaded and is designed for database implementation
efficiency and we would want to remove that overloading in XML (which serves
as a configurational fiile now) and also as much as in the object layer
too.. if we map the SQL exactly into XML, the effort for the users to
understand the XML would be equivalent to understanding the SQL schema
itself, which we wanted to overcome..  it is the like case between object
design and database design which are usually different for similar reason..
is there anything i missed or wrong conceptually ?

kiran