[Bioperl-pipeline] DataMonger

Elia Stupka elia@fugu-sg.org
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 11:21:25 +0800 (SGT)

> This is because, though the datamonger is implemented as a runnable
> for other reasons, this structure of encaspulating it as a
> preprocesser seemed better.

I am always worried when I read these things... just curious... apart from
user-friendliness (which I totally understand), why would design decisions
vary between XML and SQL? In other words, go through some design
discussion and decide "it can't be represented like this" and then in XML
it's ok... won't it lead to the problems we identified in the first place
with that particular design?

It's not particuarly data-monger, it's a general issue we need to be
careful of, since we now have perl object layer design, SQL design, XML
design, and sool java object layer design... which could lead to headaches
unless they are tightly kept in sync...

Elia

* http://www.fugu-sg.org/~elia *
* tel:    +65 6874 1467        *