[Bioperl-l] Two 'host' tags?

Brian Osborne bosborne11 at verizon.net
Fri Jul 6 19:51:11 UTC 2012

Jeremy,

Looks like each of your individual sequences has 2 features, but you only care about the 'source' feature (   if ($feat_object->primary_tag eq "source") …).

Also, try not to print out the sequence like you're doing, try to build a Sequence object for each input sequence and then write its contents to your fasta file using write_seq(). You will set the id for your Sequence object using display_name().

Brian O.