[Bioperl-l] new bioperl script

Carnë Draug carandraug+dev at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 11:21:00 UTC 2011

2011/7/18 Jun Yin <jun.yin at ucd.ie>:
> Hi,
>
> See this page for existing BioPerl modules retrieving sequences and
> annotations from NCBI database.
> http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/HOWTO:EUtilities_Cookbook
>
> Ensembl also has BioPerl like APIs for batch downloading sequences and
> annotations. So there is no need to implement it again.
> http://www.ensembl.org/info/data/api.html
>
> Cheers,
> Jun

Hi Jun

yes, I'm using EUtilities. Still, I didn't found that straightforward
unless you already have the accession or ID. This script makes the
search as if you were on the website (using eutilities), gets all info
from the genes including gene products and then downloads those as
well (again, using the BioPerl modules).

Carnë