[Bioperl-l] Install problem, Mac

perlcurl julia.davison83 at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 18 11:22:04 UTC 2010

>Where did you put the files once you downloaded them? Did you run an
install? Bio/Perl.pm needs to be >located in that "long directory list" for
Perl to find it.

The files would initially go to my user directory or my downloads (I can't
remember which install version did which). When this didn't work I tried
moving them to my perl folder, and to applications.
There was an install text file.
I could try using the directory list in require module?

>Also you could try just using the standard Unix methods (CPAN or Build.pl)
of install, see here for details:
Have tried both. :-( It *seemed* to be Build that had the most trouble...

Thanks!