[Bioperl-l] Install problem, Mac

Adam Witney awitney at sgul.ac.uk
Fri Jun 18 09:39:15 UTC 2010

On 17 Jun 2010, at 10:03, perlcurl wrote:

> I have the Bioperl files downloaded, but when I try to run a simple script
> (even just use Bio::Perl, which has been suggested as an easy test), I get
> directry list.

Where did you put the files once you downloaded them? Did you run an install? Bio/Perl.pm needs to be located in that "long directory list" for Perl to find it.

Also you could try just using the standard Unix methods (CPAN or Build.pl) of install, see here for details:

http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Installing_Bioperl_for_Unix

HTH

adam