[Bioperl-l] New to Bio::Tools::Run::RemoteBlast

Smithies, Russell Russell.Smithies at agresearch.co.nz
Mon Sep 21 22:48:26 UTC 2009

That doesn't work with remote databases though.
B:T:R:RemoteBlast uses the QBlast API (I think) so you're limited to the prebuilt databases NCBI offers.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/BLAST/Doc/urlapi.html

Another thing to try is space-seperating your db list - I know it works with local blasts.
You could also bypass RemoteBlast and do it yourself by POSTing via URL.

This seems to work with multiple databases but you'd need to experiment:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/blast/Blast.cgi?QUERY=257700677&DATABASE=%22Microbial/100226%20Microbial/101510%20Microbial/103690%22&HITLIST_SIZE=10&FILTER=L&EXPECT=10&FORMAT_TYPE=HTML&PROGRAM=blastn&CLIENT=web&SERVICE=plain&NCBI_GI=on&PAGE=Nucleotides&CMD=Put

--Russell