[Bioperl-l] a Main Page proposal

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Mon Sep 21 06:25:04 UTC 2009

Mark A. Jensen wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> As Brian articulated so well for many of us,
> the wiki main page is, well, butt-ugly.
> Please check out the Main Page Beta at
> http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Main_Page_Beta
> and respond to this thread or on the discussion
> page.

I never thought the main page was 'butt-ugly' (rather, what I expect
from a wiki), but, to put it bluntly, the graphical flourishes in your
proposal are cringe-worthy. I couldn't do any better. I think for
graphical things you'd need a professional graphics designer or similar.

The actual content and organisation of your version is probably an
improvement though.