[Bioperl-l] need help urgently

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 20:15:09 UTC 2009

On 9/4/09, Emanuele Osimo <e.osimo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Try this:
> http://david.abcc.ncifcrf.gov/conversion.jsp

It may be just me, but I've tried this in both Firefox and Opera and
it will not work without Javascript enabled.  Most "intelligent" sites
now tell you that Javascript must be enabled if they require it to
work properly.  More intelligent sites (such as Google's gmail) allow
you to toggle back and forth between Javascript & non-Javascript
implementations.

Note that, IMO, running with Javascript enabled for all sites all the
time is a bad idea (potentially for security reasons, but clearly for
sleep / suspend / power consumption reasons, and finally for the
reason of do you *really* trust that Javascript, your DNS provider,
and sites hosting the scripts are 100% secure?).  The only options
that seem generally available at this time are to run Firefox with
NoScript enabling of selective sites or to run two browser instances,
one with Javascript enabled, one with it disabled -- and to only use
the Javascript enabled browser on sites with a high probability of
being secure).