[Bioperl-l] More general Bio::Assembly::Contig question (was Bio::Tools::Run::Cap3 usage question)

Florent Angly florent.angly at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 03:47:45 UTC 2009

Hi Paolo,

The aligned reads of a contig are stored in
Bio::Assembly::Contigs->{_elem}{READ_NAME}{_seq}. To implement a slice()
method, you could retrieve the reads using get_seq_ids(),
get_seq_by_name() or get_seq_by_pos(). To retrieve the position of an
aligned read in the contig, use get_seq_coord() which returns a
Bio::SeqFeature::Generic object (from
Bio::Assembly::Contigs->{_elem}{READ_NAME}{_feat}{_aligned_coord:READ_NAME})
on which you can call the start() and end() methods.

I'm not entirely sure what
Bio::Assembly::Contigs->{_elem}{READ_NAME}{_feat}{_align_clipping:READ_NAME}
and {_quality_clipping:READ_NAME} are. I believe that they represent the
clear range of the read/contig.

Hope it helps,

Florent