[Bioperl-l] Google Summer of Code student Chase Miller

Albert Vilella avilella at gmail.com
Thu May 14 13:45:17 UTC 2009

Hi all,

In Ensembl, we are interested in providing NeXML dumps for our Comparative
Genomics data. Because our pipeline is
written in Perl, I guess most of the work done here will be of great use to
us.

If I could only ask for only a feature, that would be to *try* and backport
the NeXML support to bioperl-1.2.3 --- stress on the *try*. Bioperl 1.2.3 is
the release that Ensembl decided to stick to many years ago, so it's cleaner
for people to use our Perl API with only one version of bioperl as a
dependency.

Looking forward to hearing from this SoC. Have you got a blog?

Cheers,

    Albert.