[Bioperl-l] Nightly build archives now available

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Fri Mar 7 20:25:01 UTC 2008

I was testing a few things earlier using 'Build dist' which tanked the
old archives.  I reran the script manually so everything should be up
now.

If you have the default setting implemented for Build.PL that would be
great.  There is a lingering minor issue with Data::Dumper error
output via perl 5.10, but beyond that it should be fine.

chris

On Mar 7, 2008, at 2:17 PM, Scott Cain wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> Thanks much for this.  I have one observation though: both the http
> and
> ftp directories are empty except for a log file :-/
>
> Also, I saw that you mentioned the 'accept the defaults' option I
> asked
> about in January.  I did implement that on Build.PL at the exact time
> that the transition from cvs to svn was happening, so I never got
> committed back.  Hopefully I still have it :-)  I'll look around and
> commit it when I find it.
>
> Scott
>
> On Thu, 2008-03-06 at 15:48 -0600, Chris Fields wrote:
>> We now have nightly bundled archives for bioperl-live, bioperl-db,
>> bioperl-run, and bioperl-network running; these will be updated ~
>> 1:00
>> am every night.
>>
>> http://www.bioperl.org/DIST/nightly_builds/
>> ftp://ftp.open-bio.org/pub/bioperl/DIST/nightly_builds
>>
>> The archives are date-stamped and also have the Subversion revision,
>> just in case one wanted to ensure they get the correct version for
>> the
>> bug fix.  They also contain a CHANGELOG file for the last 10
>> revisions
>> (if there are any).  These are currently derived off the anon. svn
>> repository.
>>
>> chris
> Scott Cain, Ph. D.                                         cain at cshl.edu
> GMOD Coordinator (http://www.gmod.org/)