[Bioperl-l] help installing bioperl with cygwin

Samuel GRANJEAUD - IR/ICIM granjeau at tagc.univ-mrs.fr
Mon Apr 7 13:30:10 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm using BioPerl under Cygwin, because Cygwin allows one to work in a
Unix-like environment in a command line point of view.

So, I use the CVS version which runs out of the box
http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Using_CVS
which has been replaced by SVN at the beginning of the year
http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Using_Subversion

So if you really want to work under Cygwin, you can try this quick and
dirty way, but you still have to become experienced because BioPerl is
not supported under Cygwin.

You may try Strawberry, but in my experience in installing wxPerl,
wxPerl fails on both flavours of Perl. ActiveState's Perl is still the
easiest way to install many packages.

Regards,
Samuel