[Bioperl-l] undef SeqFeature tag values

Nathan S. Haigh n.haigh at sheffield.ac.uk
Sat Aug 25 07:50:29 UTC 2007

This sort of highlights a comment I made previously about how do you
test for a stable API?

It seems to me that unless you have intricate knowledge about the
changes that took place, you will find it difficult to know when an API
change has occurred. Is it possible to run the 1.4 test suite against
existing code to ensure tests pass? What if the 1.4 tests contained
bugs? This approach would need good code coverage by the tests to ensure
things work the same i.e. test code in HEAD against the test suite from
the previous stable release's branch - would/should this work
conceptually?**

Nath