[Bioperl-l] More on PDB and chains...

Bernd Web bernd.web at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 08:57:19 UTC 2006

Hi Brian,

Just to give some PDB accession with multiple models:

1A4T
1A6B
1A6S
2CPS

Structure parser the PDB and looks for a chain. HETATMs in multichain
records do not have a "chain" so end up in the "default" chain. Chain
parsing thus should also take the TER into account. Then the non-chain
HETATMS can be recognized since the follow the TER in the 1 chain
record. I'll check this.

Is anyone else on this list using StructureIO::pdb at all?

Bernd