[Bioperl-l] EUtilities interface

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Wed Jun 21 03:50:55 UTC 2006

I'm working on a new eutilities interface which I hope to commit by late
summer.  It's basically a rewrite of WebDBSeqI/NCBIHelper.  I set up a
generic web database interface, which I call Bio::DB::WebDBI, and the
EUtilities interface, Bio::DB::EUtilitiesI.  The idea is that you can query
NCBI for any information available via Entrez Utilities (i.e. taxonomy,
pubmed, sequences, dbSNP, Gene, etc); you're not limited to sequence-only
info like Bio::DB::WebDBSeqI.

My only concern is confusion over names, particularly WebDBI vs. WebDBSeqI.
Does anyone think this will be an issue?

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher - Switzer Lab
Dept. of Biochemistry
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign