[Bioperl-l] Clickable Graphics

Aerts, Jan Jan.Aerts at wur.nl
Thu Jan 13 12:20:41 EST 2005

Hi Daniel,

Do you mean you want a graphical representation of your sequence in e.g. a web-browser, with the features linking to additional information or other websites? If so, I'd seriously suggest gbrowse (or Generic Genome Browser; http://www.gmod.org/ggb/gbrowse.shtml). Look at the website for the (very easy) installation instructions and the (equally simple) tutorial.

GBrowse actually uses the Bio::Graphics objects to build its graphics.

If you'd happen to be at the PAG meeting in San Diego: Scott Cain will give a demo of gbrowse.

Good luck,
Jan Aerts