[Bioperl-l] no data for midline problem

Guojun Yang gyang at plantbio.uga.edu
Thu Feb 17 11:29:46 EST 2005

Hi, All,
Thank Chris and Jonathan's for their help on the installation of bioperl in slave nodes. I tarred up the whole .cpan fold and put into the slaves and seem to work well.
I have a script to parse multiple blast search results. For some blast results, it worked very well. But at some point, it stopped and returned errors saying "no data for midline" and sometimes with multiple vertical lines. I looked at the code for Search::IO documentation. This error message is thrown out when

 /^(Query|Sbjct):\s+(\d+).../ fails.

 I also see many other people have asked this similar questions on "no data for midline". Can any one give me a clue to fix or to find a place descirbing this problem comprehensively?
Thanks in advance.
Guojun Yang