[Bioperl-l] Re: Bundle-Bioperl installation under Activestate

Barry Moore barry.moore at genetics.utah.edu
Fri Feb 13 19:53:56 EST 2004

Jennifer,

What repositories are you using with ppm (try typing rep at the ppm>
prompt if you don't know).  I just reinstalled IO-String O.K. but it may
have installed from a non-standard ppm repository.  I don't know why
ActiveState wouldn't have IO-String, but Randy Kobes has a ppm
collection that does.  Set him up as a repository, and you should be
able to install.  Again from the ppm> promt type "rep add Kobes
http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms".  Then re-try your IO-Sting install.
I'm using ActiveState Perl 5.8, but from what I hear on this list, 5.6
should work just fine.

Good luck,

Barry Moore