[Bioperl-l] Re: Bundle-Bioperl installation under Activestate

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Fri Feb 13 14:53:51 EST 2004

Hi Jennifer,

I've never used perl on Windows - only under various Unix flavors and my
personal systems are mostly Mac OS X or Linux these days.

I'm cc'ing this reply to the bioperl discussion list where I know there
are active windows users of bioperl. We also have some .ppd files on our
download site http://bioperl.org/DIST/ but since I've never used the
ActiveState stuff I have very little clue about them!

A quick google search for io::string + ppd turnd up this link which may
be helpful:

http://www.apache.org/dist/perl/win32-bin/ppms/IO-String.ppd

There seem to be several ppm archives on the net, IO-String is also
found here apparently:
http://www.online-mirror.org/apache/perl/win32-bin/ppms/

Good luck with the course!

Regards,
Chris

--
Chris Dagdigian, <dag at sonsorol.org>
BioTeam  - Independent life science IT & informatics consulting