[Bioperl-l] All mouse mRNAs

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Thu Apr 29 12:16:12 EDT 2004

Do you want all mouse mRNA sequences that were ever submitted to
GenBank, or do you want mRNAs for all mouse genes?

In the latter case, RefSeq nicely partitions the release by species
(see the species-specific cumulative updates).

Genbank is partitioned too, so you don't have to parse everything.

At any rate, NCBI will not be thrilled by people downloading 100s of
thousands of sequences through their query interfaces ...

	-hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org