[Bioperl-l] Tracking database dates in BLAST

Brian Osborne brian_osborne at cognia.com
Wed Mar 19 12:02:53 EST 2003

Andy,

> I was wondering if anyone has added a method that allows to capture the
> date a database is created in Bio::SearchIO::blast ?

No, I don't think so, see http://www.bioperl.org/HOWTOs/html/SearchIO.html
for a list of available methods. This HOWTO also discusses the event-based
parsing that Jason and Steve use in SearchIO, perhaps you could figure out
how to capture this string. Check out SearchIO/blast.pm, you will see how
the event-based approach ties in with the actual work done with the regular
expressions.

Brian O.