[Bioperl-l] Help with manipulating quality objects PLUS write_seq(args)

Brian Desany bdesany@bcm.tmc.edu
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 16:46:33 -0500

OK, I can reproduce that.

In short, write_seq loops through qual values 50 at a time and writes them
50 to a line. The conditional that keeps track of where you are and whether
you should stop was looking at "where you are < total length" instead of
"where you are <= total length".

"where you are" is only equal to "total length" in those cases where "total
length" is a (multiple of 50) + 1. Such as was the sequence you provided
(Seq2 at 801 bp).

I've committed a fix to bioperl-live.

-Brian.

Incidentally, the reason I didn't reproduce this originally is that I had
forgotten that in my local copy I had commented out that whole part where it
writes it out in 50 bp chunks.