[Bioperl-l] Browsing the NCBI PubMed database

Martin Senger senger@ebi.ac.uk
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 15:38:49 +0100 (BST)

> it seems it would be better in the long run to act on the XML output
> with some crafty XSL transforms, written to make pretty output.

   I agree with you that for formatting and displaying purposes the XSL
transformation would be the most appropriate (thanks for mentioning it).
However, for those who want to use the citations in their own perl
programs it would perhaps be easier to give them perl objects. So, as
always in perl, There is more ways how to do it :-)
   But I surely appreciate your comment about XSL because it seems that I
keep forgetting this technology too often...

   Martin

--
Martin Senger

EMBL Outstation - Hinxton                Senger@EBI.ac.uk
European Bioinformatics Institute        Phone: (+44) 1223 494636
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus             (Switchboard:     494444)
Hinxton                                  Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD
United Kingdom                           http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~senger