[Bioperl-l] Browsing the NCBI PubMed database

Wiepert, Mathieu Wiepert.Mathieu@mayo.edu
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 09:29:00 -0500

Hi,

I just wanted to comment to this

<snip>
I am afraid that bioperl (Biblio modules) does not have any "prettyfier"
for citations at the moment. But you can look into biblio.pl how it gets
all citations as the perl objects and from there you can add your own code
for formatting them - the point is that for doing that you do not need to
parse the XML, you deal only with perl objects.
</snip>

I am sure I am re-stating the obvious here, but IMHO it seems it would be better in the long run to act on the XML output with some crafty XSL transforms, written to make pretty output.  Seems to be the right technology to use with the output.  I would suggest that over getting the perl objects and then prettyfing.  TMTOWTDI anyway.

And thanks for the excellent tutorial Martin.

-Mat