[Bioperl-l] Jason and Ewan's TODO list

Brian Osborne b_i_osborne@hotmail.com
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 21:02:38 -0500

Ewan et  al,

> The main thing is in my view
>
> bptutorial.pl

I've added and amended here, but I think of this as Peter's baby....

> removing one of bioperl.pod or biostart.pod or whatever it is....

Already done. I will do a bit more to make sure all the *pod's make
something coherent. This is important. And bioback.pod needs some work as
well, I'll see what I can do.

> making sure the README points to the right documentation

Yes, one of my concerns as well, I think of the README as a sort of TOC...

> handling Bio::Seq and Bio::SeqIO.pm to make sure the "first script" moment
> is good

Working on this...

> looking into Bio::Perl.pm for the true newbie

I'll take a look, as should the authors.

> I know it is a long list, but I think doable in time...

It's not that bad. If mid-February is alpha, then the "real" release is a
few weeks after.

Brian O.