[Bioperl-l] perl Makefile.pl

Brian Osborne b_i_osborne@hotmail.com
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 16:44:38 -0500

Brian,

> (does anybody use Cygwin with BioPerl ??)

Yes, I've done this successfully but it was some time ago. I prefer this
approach to the "native" Windows approach, which uses Command Prompt/MS-DOS
Prompt, since Cygwin actually sets up a Unix shell, bash. You  also get a C
compiler with CygWin and other Unix utilities (grep, sed, cat, sort, uniq,
head, tail, wc, etc.) and these can be useful when doing bioinformatics.

Brian O.