[Bioperl-l] operator overloading: Seq->subseq & Seq->trim

Jason Eric Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 10:42:43 -0500 (EST)

Stop asking hard question ;)

Either an array of pieces or all the pieces concatenated together.  I
guess the array approach - breaks the current 0.7 API to not return a
single string - could see if user is requesting in array context
(wantarray) or can return the strings joined together...  What do other
people think would be logical?

I guess would trust the start/end values from FuzzyLocations?  Or better
yet, just throw an error if one tries to get subseq for a fuzzy loc.

-jason