[Bioperl-l] Installing OS X dependencies

Steven Cannon cann0010@tc.umn.edu
Sat, 30 Jun 2001 14:34:11 -0500

Bioperl 0.7.1 installed nicely on my Mac OS X, but I have found that
installing the dependencies is a challenge (particularly for me as a
*nix novice). I have found OS X binaries or installs for Clustalw, ncbi,
Xfree86, and Lesstif (open source Motif clone, which has libraries the
ncbi Toolkit may use?) But I have not been able to install t-coffee. I
suspect that only small changes need to be made to the makefiles, but I
don't know what those changes should be to get the install working on
Darwin. Advice?

Steve Cannon
cann0010@tc.umn.edu