[Bioperl-l] PLEASE HELP

Nathan O. Siemers siemersn@bms.com
Thu, 09 Aug 2001 08:34:53 -0400

Hello Pedro:

        Would a phylogeny tool such as paup serve your purpose?  How
        many sequences are you talking about and how similar do you
        want them to be to end up in the same subset?

        For larger datasets and more strict homology criteria, a D2
        algorithm such as available in the Pangea/doubletwist
        clustering tools or Dan Davison/Win Hide's work will cluster
        large amounts of sequence data.

        nathan

--
Nathan Siemers, Group Leader, Bioinformatics-Applied Genomics
Bristol-Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Hopewell 3-0.07