[Bioperl-l] protein identification program for proteomics

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 08:56:47 +0100 (GMT)

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Tsvika wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am looking for a stand alone protein identification program for
> proteomics written in Perl to run on my Linux box.  This program will
> identify proteins based on their molecular weight, and their N-terminal,
> or C-terminal sequence (a short one that you get from micro sequencing).
> The program will search flat files of amino acids sequences from the
> generic databases.

We don't have this capability in bioperl, though it would be nice (and I
actually have some neat ideas about how to do it).

I think Alan Bleasbly once wrote something like this, so there might be
something in EMBOSS...

<birney@ebi.ac.uk>.