[Bioperl-l] Bio::DB::*

Hilmar Lapp hlapp@gmx.net
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 02:35:55 -0800

The t/DB.t script failed on my machine, I don't know where it
really worked. I fixed the immediate problem in
Bio::DB::WebDBSeqI, and did a couple of other things, see the cvs
log messages.

My remaining concerns are that
1) GenBank retrieval by accession sometimes fails arbitrarily (I
haven't tracked it down, but apparently there is no sequence part
sometimes -- weird. Problem at NCBI? Note that in contrast to
before we now use the qmap.cgi interface. Retrieval by ID didn't
fail a single time. Does anyone else observe this?), and
2) the docs in WebDBSeqI stipulate that an array ref be passed to
the get_Stream_by_XXX() methods, in contrast to the
get_Seq_by_XXX() methods, which require a scalar. Do we want to
keep this?

	Hilmar
Hilmar Lapp                                email: hlapp@gmx.net
GNF, San Diego, Ca. 92122                  phone: +1 858 812 1757