[Bioperl-l] Bioperl Documentation (PrimarySeq)

Marc Colosimo MEColosimo@alumni.carnegiemellon.edu
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 15:37:01 -0500

I just want to point out that there is an error in the POD for
PrimarySeq. Under SYNOPSIS, making a seqobj from memory, the key
-accession => 'X78121' is used. Well, that does not work. Under, new it
is listed correctly as -accession_number => 'AL000012'. In 0.62 there is
no documentation for new and I had to go look at the code to see what
was up. Granted it was only a few minutes. But this is a case that the
POD was wrong.

I would bet that similar errors can be found in the  PODs. When updating
the Bioperl Documentation, I guess care should be taken to make sure
that what is written  is correct.

Marc