[EMBOSS] Jemboss installation error

Mahmut Uludag uludag at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Apr 7 08:19:59 UTC 2009

Hi Eric,

> I get the following errors after
> "successful" installing jemboss:

> org.emboss.jemboss.Jemboss
>    at gnu.gcj.runtime.FirstThread.run() (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
>    at _Jv_ThreadRun(java.lang.Thread) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
>    at _Jv_RunMain(java.lang.Class, byte const, int, byte const, boolean)
> (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)

I guess you followed the install procedure described on the following
page. I ask this because in my initial attempts i thought jemboss would
automatically come out of the box when i install emboss.

http://emboss.sourceforge.net/Jemboss/install/standalone.html

The second thing to check would be whether you change your current
working directory to your ${JEMBOSS_INSTALL_DIR}/share/EMBOSS/jemboss
directory before running the runJemboss.sh script. If you find it
inconvenient to change directory each time before running the script you
can set the JEMBOSS_HOME variable at the top of the script to the above
directory.

Regards,
Mahmut