[BioSQL-l] Unable to access BioSQL

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 13 11:58:53 UTC 2020

Hello Amihan,

Apologies if I have pitched my answer at the wrong level. The error is
probably about the missing SQL file, but it could be failing to find the
mysql command.

So first, is mysql installed properly? Try running it and asking the
version:

$ mysql -V

Next, does the biosqldb-mysql.sql file exist in the current directory where
the terminal is running?

i.e. Try:

$ pwd
$ ls biosqldb-mysql.sql

You might find the terminal starts in your home directory, but the file is
in a Downloads subdirectory?

Peter