[BioSQL-l] load_seqdatabase.pl warnings and errors

Richard Holland holland at eaglegenomics.com
Wed May 20 11:44:58 UTC 2009

Theoretically, although unlikely, it is statistically entirely possible
for two completely different references to share the same CRC. Hence the
CRC shouldn't really be used as an indicator of uniqueness, although it
is still useful as a hashing function for indexing and quick lookup.

cheers,
Richard