[BioSQL-l] BioSQL at BOSC 2009?

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Sat May 16 21:23:04 UTC 2009

On 5/16/09, Hilmar Lapp <hlapp at gmx.net> wrote:

>  On May 16, 2009, at 8:12 AM, Peter wrote:
>
> > Will any of the key BioSQL people from the Bio* projects be at BOSC
> > (and ISMB) this year? http://open-bio.org/wiki/BOSC_2009
> >

>  Yes, I'll be there (though I am not presenting this year).
>
> > [...] This would be a nice opportunity for further improving BioSQL
> > compatibility between the Bio* projects - something that has been
> > suggested in the past,
>
>  Indeed, excellent idea. Should we plan for a BoF?

If you want to do this as a formal BoF, then sure.

Brad and I (plus other Biopython folk like Tiago and Bartek, who I
believe are not so interested in BioSQL) are already talking about a
Bioython BoF/hackathon session at BOSC. It would be easier if that
didn't overlap with a BioSQL session ;)  (but not impossible - Brad
and I can perhaps split our time?)

I will be staying for all of ISMB, and I think Brad is about for the
Monday and maybe Tuesday, so that might be an alternative for
scheduling.