[BioSQL-l] Web front-ends to BioSQL

Gudmundur A. Thorisson gthorisson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 13:29:08 EST 2009

Jim. If a Java web-app would be acceptable as the platform for this,
there is something called Molgenis developed by a group in the
Netherlands that we are collaborating with. It's a Java-based code-
generation framework used by several mouse genomics groups for
microarray data and the like, and  is under consideration by ourselves
for use in our project:

http://molgenis.sourceforge.net

We were thinking of mixing this in with BioSQL/BioJava for certain
management & curation tasks. Here's a couple of papers if you care to
have a closer look:

Smedley et al. Solutions for data integration in functional genomics:
a critical assessment and case study. Brief Bioinformatics (2008) vol.
9 (6) pp. 532-44
Swertz et al. Beyond standardization: dynamic software infrastructures
for systems biology. Nat Rev Genet (2007) vol. 8 (3) pp. 235-43

Best regards ,

              Mummi, Leicester
  Gudmundur A. Thorisson, PhD student,  Brookes lab
  Department of Genetics
  University of Leicester
  University Road
  Leicester, LE1 7RH, UK