[BioSQL-l] Importing GFF3 files into a BioSQL database?

James Procter jimp at compbio.dundee.ac.uk
Mon Feb 23 14:06:23 UTC 2009

Hello all.

I'd like to stick my oar in here and say that regularising the
GFF3<>BioSQL mapping accross Bio* is an essential step towards
round-tripping between the different language bindings, and also towards
portable export of bioentry annotation via DAS (which has its roots in
GFF, and is isomorphic for most practical purposes).

Some of you might remember that back in Dec'08 I made the promise that
I'd try and document the DAS<>BioSQL mapping. I've finally started to
make good on this and have added a preliminary GFF section to the BioSQL
wiki page describing Annotation Mapping conventions :
http://www.biosql.org/wiki/Annotation_Mapping#GFF3

Its very rough and ready, probably biased and not quite correct at the
moment. It does, however, provide a central home for the information
that Brad has put up on his blog, and the various other notes that have
been made in this thread. Please add and amend as appropriate.

Jim