[BioSQL-l] Regarding help for MYSQL-BIOSQL-BIOPERL

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Apr 3 09:27:49 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 6:40 PM, Sanjay Harke <sanjay.harke at gmail.com> wrote:

> Respected Peter,

Hello again,

Are you signed up to the BioSQL mailing list?  General questions like
this should be sent to the mailing list rather than just particular
people like me or Hilmar.

> following are mine queries,
>
> I am using Window 2003 server.
> for database i am using MySql server.

So you have installed MySQL server, good. See http://www.mysql.com/
for their documentation.

> Already Install Bioperl.

Good.

> Now guide me about how to Install BioSql on my Pc?
> how install Biosql schema?

As I said before, I also recommend this Biopython page which starts by
how to install BioSQL on MySQL (just ignore the Biopython bits):
http://www.biopython.org/wiki/BioSQL

The main page www.biosql.org links to this INSTALL document:
http://code.open-bio.org/svnweb/index.cgi/biosql/checkout/biosql-schema/trunk/INSTALL

> How to use local database with Bioperl?

I have very little experience of using BioPerl with BioSQL - I use
Biopython.  I agree that this page isn't very helpful, but perhaps
there is more documentation elsewhere which I don't know about:
http://bioperl.org/wiki/Bioperl-db