[BioSQL-l] Storing "per letter" annotation?

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Sun May 25 10:00:36 UTC 2008

Peter wrote:
> I hadn't thought of it like that, but for many of the examples it
> would just be one character per letter of sequence, so could be held
> as an alternative sequence.  This doesn't really extend to cover
> things like a list of integers or a list of floats, but would
> certainly cover a number of use-cases.

Now that I know which bits of BioPerl to search for, I see there has
been some similar BioSQL discussion in the past, e.g.
http://bioperl.org/pipermail/bioperl-l/2005-July/019280.html

Hilmar Wrote:
>> In BioPerl we have Bio::Seq::SeqWithQuality and the more generic
>> Bio::Seq::MetaI.

I had wondered what metals had to do with sequences, in a different
font MetaI is of course short for MetaInformation!

Peter

P.S. I'll be away next week, so I probably won't follow up on this
topic immediately,