[BioSQL-l] Biopython documentation in BioSQL SVN

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Mar 11 18:51:47 UTC 2008

Hello,

Over on the Biopython mailing list, James Swetnam drew my
attention to the fact that we still had documentation referring to
installing BioSQL from CVS (predating both the move to SVN
and the official 1.0 release).

I've updated our wiki page, http://biopython.org/wiki/BioSQL

However, there is some older LaTeX based documentation on our webpage,
http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/biosql/python_biosql_basic.html
http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/biosql/python_biosql_basic.pdf

These are currently living in the BioSQL repository, which I don't
think I have access to.
http://code.open-bio.org/svnweb/index.cgi/biosql/browse/biosql-schema/trunk/doc/biopython/

Does it make sense to have this documentation separate from the
Biopython code it refers to (which lives in the Biopython repository)?
For one thing, it complicates access rights for developers.

What I would suggest is just to:

(*) add a disclaimer to the top of python_biosql_basic.tex saying this
    document is depreciated, and giving a link to the wiki page,
    http://biopython.org/wiki/BioSQL
(*) regenerate the PDF and HTML files.
(*) Update these three files in BioSQL's SVN repository.
(*) Copy the new PDF and HTML files over to the Biopython webserver.

Thanks