[BioSQL-l] database loading test server (was: BioSQL bug in bugzilla)

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Sun Mar 2 19:20:21 UTC 2008

Hi Erik,

On Mar 2, 2008, at 1:34 PM, Erik Rijkers wrote:

> What is really needed of course is a place to run these
> versions of parsable text, and against the different
> database backends.

very true indeed.

> Does that already happen somewhere?
>
> Should we consider such a bioperl buildfarm / loadfarm?
>
> (I might be able to help with any postgres loading tests.)

Coincidentally we have been batting around the idea to have a OBF
machine dedicated to serve for testing and proof-of-concept
demonstrations of OBF projects. Indeed one of the services we had
thought about setting up is a BioSQL database, and it's reassuring to
hear independently that that would be useful.

	-hilmar