[BioSQL-l] very new to biosql--sequence loading question

Renee Halbrook reneehalbrook74 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 22 11:24:13 EDT 2005

Hi,

I am very new to biosql. I have designed a mysql
schema to represent cyanobacteria, pulled from genbank
files. It is not identical to the biosql schema, but
it is similar.

My specific issue is in loading large sequences into a
sequence table, (essentially identical to the
biosequence table) using perl dbi. I keep running into
a 'max_allowed_packet' issue, even though I have
bumped it up to a 1 gig in the my.cnf file.

I would like to see how other people have implemented
this.

Could someone please point me in the direction of the
documentation for loading sequences using perl, from
flat genbank files, into a mysql database ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
Renee