[BioSQL-l] _removeSequence

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gnf.org
Tue Jun 21 15:47:49 EDT 2005

As for documentation of the schema, there is an ERD (in PDF format) and
a schema-overview.txt in the biosql-schema/doc directory.

I'll also be adding a version of the Biojava-in-anger document revised
by Richard Holland, but that only deals with installation so won't help
you much once you're beyond that point.

As to what goes where with respect to which part of the entries in
which datasource goes to which tables in the biosql schema, that's a
more involved question because data sources are different already, and
because Biojava and Bioperl do things mostly different and incompatible
right now, and because the exact mapping is not written down somewhere
explicitly but more or less implicit from the way the bioperl SeqIO
parsers work and how the bioperl RichSeq object (which is the object
returned by most bioperl parsers) stores attributes as annotation.
Richard, Mark, and I discussed this in Singapore a week ago and how the
situation can be improved.

	-hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org