[BioSQL-l] Updates to biosql Oracle schema

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gnf.org
Mon Nov 15 20:24:40 EST 2004

On Nov 15, 2004, at 5:08 PM, Richard HOLLAND wrote:

> The column failing was bioentry_qualifer_value.value, which when
> expanded to 300 characters in
> length was able to store it. Not sure if this should be changed in
> BioSQL or not?

I assume you mean 3000, not 300? In the DDL script the width is
actually expanded to 4000, the full size. Also, if it's a translation
then it will have been in the feature table, and the respective table
would then be seqfeature_qualifier_value.

Apparently both column width expansions are in the DDL, but not in the
migration script. I added them both to the migration script too
(sql/biosql-ora/migrate/1.0/migrate-all.sql).

	-hilmar
Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org