[BioSQL-l] Bio::Seq and sequence version numbers

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Mon Nov 10 08:33:39 EST 2003

Hi I am using the following to retrieve a seq object

$seq = Bio::Seq->new(-accession_number => "AL022723",
                     -namespace        => "bioperl");

This fails to retrieve the sequence because it defaults to a version of
"0", and this sequence is at version 4.  It works if I set it to
"-version=>"4", but usually you dont know what version you are trying to
retrieve.  Is there a way of forcing a wildcard for version, or an
alternate method that ignores it?

Most, but not all sequences I have loaded are at version 1 in BioSQL
after loading (my own script), and none are zero so I do not know if
this is normal or not as the examples I have found ignore the version
number, so they seem to default to zero.

a confused
BillK