[BioSQL-l] Error in load_ncbi_taxonomy.pl

Aaron J Mackey ajm6q at virginia.edu
Fri Mar 21 15:26:15 EST 2003

Well, I'm finding that postgres is just a bit slow compared to mysql; this
whole process takes about 30 minutes on my mysql installation, now over 8
hours on my postgres installation.  I'd love to have someone tell me what
I'm doing wrong ... (perhaps I need to turn indexing off until I'm done
with the bulk load?)

-Aaron